Essential Oils Safety Considerations
Essential oils are safe when used properly, but are concentrated and very potent, so it is
best to exercise caution with their use.
Please remember the following:
- Some oils can be irritating to the skin. When using a new oil test it first, especially if you have
sensitive skin or allergies. Mix one drop of the new oil in a teaspoon of a base oil such a jojoba or
grape seed oil and dab a small amount on the inside of your arm or wrist as you would with a fine
perfume. Wait 24 hours to ensure no irritation occurs.
- Know your oils. Some oils should not be used during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or nursing, it
is best to consult with your doctor before using any essential oils.
- Some should not be used on children or by persons with certain medical conditions. When in
doubt - refrain and consult your doctor before using.
- Keep oils out of reach of children and pets.
- Essential oils are flammable. Never expose to open flame or excess heat. Avoid spills and wipe up
carefully should a spill occur.
- Use care around furniture - undiluted oils can damage some furniture finishes.
- Undiluted oils may remove nail polish or mar artificial nails.
- Citrus oils are photo-sensitizing – do not use within 12 hours of exposure to sunlight or using a
- Essential oils are very concentrated and can be dangerous if ingested. Do so only under the
supervision of a doctor or a qualified practitioner. Using oils in a massage or by inhalation method
is much safer and very effective.
Disclaimer: Information listed on this website is not a substitute for medical treatment or consultation and should not be
construed as such. All information has been gathered from reputable sources and traditional herbal lore. This information
is not intended to diagnose or prescribe in any way - it is here for informational purposes only. Our products or their uses
have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Please call to schedule
Real Results for Real People
| Avalon Bodyworks
Real Results for Real People ... Like You ! ! !